Online processing times for global visa and citizenship applications
From the 13th of March 2017, global visa and citizenship application processing times will be available online for the first time.
As part of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s ongoing efforts to improve client information, the publishing of current visa and citizenship processing times will give people more updated and correct data about the visa or citizenship application of their choice. Latest processing times will be published to provide people with a clearer idea of processing times for particular visa subclasses, streams or citizenship applications.
The visa and citizenship processing times will be updated on a monthly basis to reflect current caseloads by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), and will be available for more visa subclasses and citizenship application types.
Some subclasses won’t be published due to the subclasses being closed to new applicants, or already at their capacity and capped.
If you are to submit an incomplete application, your visa or citizenship application won’t fall within the published processing times. This is where our team of qualified Registered Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers will assist by ensuring your visa or citizenship application is complete and has the best chance of success.
Your visa or citizenship application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and the processing times can vary due to a variety of individual circumstances, including the following:
- whether you have lodged a complete application and included all necessary supporting documents;
- how promptly you respond to requests for additional information;
- how long it takes to perform required checks;
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health and character issues, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements;
- the number of places available in the migration programme; and
- surges in demand and peak periods.
If you have any questions regarding your visa or citizenship application, contact our team of Registered Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers today. We provide you expert advice and work with you to get the highest chance of success with your visa application or citizenship application.